Thursday, May 6, 2010

Courage

Life is a funny thing.  I know and believe that things happen for a reason and that things will work out in the end.  But on occasion, when it seems like we are standing back at square one wondering which direction to go, that statement is easier said than done. 
So we found out last night that Mark didn’t get that job he was interviewing for.   This news was really disappointing for both of us.  We tried to stay realistic throughout the entire process.(which started last August)  But as we reached the end of the interview process, it was hard to not get excited about the opportunity.  We wanted it.  We hoped for it.  Now here we are.  Back at square one.
I came across this quote today and it has definitely stuck with me.
Courage isn't always a roar.  Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day, saying, "I will try again tomorrow."
-Mary Ann Radmacher

Life doesn’t always work out the way we think they should, and that's ok.  So tomorrow…..and the next day and the next day….we’re going to get out there and try again.  We’ll make a new plan and look for new opportunities.  All the while knowing that things will work out and be great.  Because it always does. 

10 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Katie, I am so sorry. Man, life really sucks sometimes. I'm sure something just as great is right around the corner.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about the job--especially because the process took so long! That sucks. Best of luck as the hunt continues. Keep your heads up!

Mary Kelly said...

I am sorry about the bummer news. But on the bright side, Mark is an awesome guy and the company that did not hire him are dumbos! We will be sure to keep your family in our prayers.

Shayne said...

I'm so sorry about the job! That is hard but I'm so proud of you guys for having such great attitudes! What an example! I love that quote, too! Life definitely sucks sometimes, but it always gets better! :) Good luck with the new hunt!

Laura said...

Mary is right, they are dummos - uber dummos!
Hang in there, you both are amazing!
You're in our prayers. Love ya!

Erin said...

Ugh, I'm so sorry! That is a great quote, that teaches us to NOT give up. Good luck to you and your family!

Sarah said...

Blah. Sometimes things are just plain stinky. We were sad to hear about the job. But I love that quote that you found - it's totally you and Mark. We love you guys and are still praying for you!

Whitney said...

Such a bummer! I'm so sorry he didn't get the job, but I LOVE your optimistic attitude! And the quote is awesome! We'll keep you guys in our prayers!

Jules AF said...

I'm so sorry. That is SUCH a long time to be waiting for something and then be disappointed by it! I'm sure something else will come along.

Sherri said...

Amen!
Some of the best opportunities in our lives have come, after Great Disappointment! At the time it was hard, because we could not see the whole picture and what was next! So I am so sorry...but I am excited for you and what lies ahead! Nothing but good comes from an attitude like that!