Thursday, May 26, 2011

Time Flies

Wow, it’s been a while since I’ve sat down and updated the good ol’ blog.  Here’s a bit of what we’ve been up to the last few weeks.

*Mark and I have been diving in head first into the world of gardening.  We talk about this garden more than just about anything.  We’ve built 8 garden boxes that are 5 X 10 feet and they are almost all ready for veggies.  If the rain and wind would stop, we could actually get the last of the dirt shoveled into them.DSCN3930 DSCN3932

*We planted seeds inside to get a head start on our garden.  My entire kitchen table is now completely covered in vegetable starts.  Maybe we went a bit overboard.  I am so excited to get them all planted soon.  Most of the time we eat at the bar anyways, but I miss my table.

DSCN3942 DSCN3943 DSCN3945

*My niece and nephew had a sleepover here the other weekend.  We made a fort, colored, danced, went on a walk, watched a movie, and made cookies.  We all had a blast.  Even if they were both up by 6:00 am.DSCN3896

*Our yard now has sprinklers and hopefully we will hydro-seed the grass next week.  My fingers are totally crossed….I’m ready for some green!

*I’ve discovered that if I don’t go to Zumba for almost two weeks and then go back, it really hurts.  Note to self…..don’t ever do that again.

*I made strawberry freezer jam for the first time ever.  Holy cow, is it ever easy…and totally delicious.

DSCN3927

* I have been asked to go to Girl’s Camp this year.  I will be working with 4 other women and we are in charge of all the 1st year girls.  Man, oh man….5 days surrounded by about 30 twelve year old girls…it’s gonna be entertaining.

*Between work and our projects at home, life has been keeping both of us busy.  I don’t know about you, but I am beyond ready for this three day weekend!

7 comments:

just call me jo said...

Girl's Camp? Are you smoking crack or something? Ugh! Good luck. (Of course you're young and foolish. You'll be fine.) I'd rather be stuck in the eye with a poisoned stake. You certainly will be green--that's more plants than at our local nursery. Should be fun. I can't wait to see them grow and produce. Have fun.

Kristina P. said...

Wow, that garden is amazing! I killed pansies after 2 days! I LOVE jam. Nom, nom, nom.

Laura said...

First, your garden - awesome!! and I'm super jealous!
Second, your jam - delicious!! My super jealous got bumped up to double super jealous. I need to make some myself.
Third, you going to Girls Camp - you'll no doubt be the favorite leader there. For your information, my jealous level did not increase on that one.

Anonymous said...

How exciting! Your garden boxes make me itch :D I want cherry tomatoes but I think it might be too late to start the seedlings.

Also, sleepovers at aunt's and uncle's houses are the best ever! Especially with blanket forts. Glad you guys are having a ton of fun :D

Shayne said...

Wow!!! You guys are beyond busy! :) Your garden looks like it's going to be amazing! And the girls are lucky to have you come along for girls camp! You'll be the life of the party. ;)

ps. you guys have to be the most awesome uncle and aunt!!!

Sherri said...

You guys seriously rock!!!
That is amazing...we have tried to garden this year...but it's not going so good! =(
Love the homemade tent...that's a favorite around here!

Monica said...

Oh my gosh ... your GARDEN!! I may need to pick your brain, because we are clueless but would like to build 2 (ot 8, or was it 9?!) next summer. You're super-star gardeners!