Monday, August 17, 2009

Boat Races and Vikings

Saturday was the perfect day for a family trip to Alsea Falls. We ate a yummy picnic lunch and had boat races.....well stick races would be a more accurate description.
There was a lot of climbing done by kids of all ages and lots of rocks thrown into the water. Why is it that kids and adults can spend forever just throwing rocks into water? There's just something fun about it.
After we were done playing in the water we went to
The Scandinavian Festival.
It's the most exciting thing that happens 'round these parts.
There's tons of good food.....

And Vikings.
What more could you want?

10 comments:

5Youngers said...

what a fun weekend!

Jules AF said...

Actually being there? Wink! haha I'm totally kidding. I saw a Viking dressed up in Oslo too! I died laughing.

Kristina P. said...

You guys always do the coolest things!

MRNMSA said...

My hubby would LOVE this! His family is Norweigen. Where does this happen at? LOOKS like tons of fun!

Erin said...

Throwing rocks in the water - always the best part of any activity :)

So fun!

Sarah said...

looking pretty chummy with that viking dude there katie...

Goldielocks said...

you guys always have the BEST times places, i love it!!!
Just read Normal Mormon Husbands and about wet my pants laughing.. HILARIOUS!!!!
hey listen.. i was in IOWA a few weeks ago and went into a boutique there. There were the COOLEST lights there by light garden. i bought some that are pussy willows. The white part is actually little light bulbs. You buy a TALL skinny vase and put the bunch in the vase and they are lights. Absolutely adorable and good price range. Thought if you were still working at that place you could suggest those. .. they are my new favorite!

ps... TELL MARIE HI FOR ME, i miss her so much!

Will & Cheyenne said...

Cool falls hike!

Goldielocks said...

ok, Katie.. i found more boutique stuff... dangit .. i wish marie was still in business.. i think this would fit corkys to a T !!! go to Glitterville and order a wholesale catalouge.. super cool stuff as well!

Carissa(GoodnCrazy) said...

I missed Scandinavian Festival? what?

I've never even heard of Junction City, what am I missing out on!!?