Friday, May 21, 2010

A Letter

Dear Mother Nature,

I get up just about every morning and I go walking with some friends.  I’m trying to be a little healthier and all that good stuff.  In case you weren’t aware, we go walking early in the morning.  That in and of itself is hard enough for someone like me who absolutely loves to be asleep at 6:00am.  So, here’s the thing…..when I come home from walking looking like this, it’s pretty hard for me to be motivated to drag my poor tired body out of bed.130I was soaked….and yup, I mean soaked through every layer of clothing I was wearing.  That was a bit unexpected considering it’s the end of May.  Just saying.  If you could do a girl a favor and let up on the rain, I would be ever so grateful.

-Katie

9 comments:

Mary Kelly said...

I can totally sympathize with you- I too have been waking up early to exercise and, although it makes me feel more tough, the rain is starting to get annoying.

Becky said...

Way to go Katie! Mother Nature is a fickle one. :)

Kristina P. said...

You are a trooper!

5Youngers said...

The difference between you and me... I would have rolled back over and gone back to sleep. Way to be awesome!

Katie said...

My alarm went off at 6 this morning. As I was attempting to drag my body out of bed, I heard rain....lots and lots of rain. So, I turned off my alarm, got up, and texted my friend....to tell her I was going back to bed. And I did. Best decision I've made today.

Hal Nielsen said...

Thats my girl! Thursday Holly and I had the same experience. When it started to rain on us we were over a mile from home and by the time we made it back we were soaked like you. But we made our goal for the day and it was worth it!

Mom said...

Some people have solved the problem of weather and sleeping in by using a treadmill ;-) Love you.

Laura said...

You're awesome! And that photo is hilarious!
Great job!

Whitney said...

That's what I call dedication :)