Thursday, July 8, 2010

Better Late Than Never

Well, I am finally getting around to posting about the 4th of July.  This year we celebrated more than we ever have before.  Why?  Well, since the 4th of July fell on a Sunday, most places changed their events to either the 3rd or the 5th.  So…..that meant twice the parades, twice the yummy food, and twice the fireworks…..which, if I’m being honest, was actually pretty fun.

First up….the parades.  There’s no other place where parents will encourage their kids to constantly run out into the street and to take candy from strangers.  You gotta love it.

021 018 There were so many floats.  One favorite was a truck pulling this bike ramp and people were doing all sorts of jumps off of it.

009

There was this band rockin’ out the entire time.

035

And what 4th of July parade would be complete without a bunch of fire trucks?!

024 072

071The only downside to all the fire trucks is their sirens can be a little hard on the ears.

067

068

One of the most fun parts about the parade was having a picnic while we waited for it to start.  Yum! 

060

064

066

 For some reason food tastes so much better when you are eating it outside and while sitting on the ground.

4 comments:

Jules AF said...

I agree about the food thing. And now I'm hungry.

Genavee said...

I love small(ish) town parades.

Mary Kelly said...

Man, that looks like fun! I seriously LOVE parades. No joke- I get emotional and start crying almost every time. Good times :)

Laura said...

Looks so fun!!