In honor of Pioneer Day, our stake put together a party like no other church activity I’ve ever been to. What made this activity so awesome? Well, there were so many cool activities that I will just have to start at the beginning. The activity started with a giant pool filled with over 100 trout. Yup, trout. There’s no throwing a ping pong ball into a cup to win a goldfish for these people.
Then at first, they let some of the little kids into the pool to catch the trout. By hand.
Then they let in a few more kids.
Before too long it turned into a free for all.
Talk about chaos. Kids were running around trying to find their parents to show their trout off. As long as the fish didn’t touch me, I was great. I may have jumped and screamed just a tiny bit when a kid almost dropped his trout on me.
It was the craziest and funniest thing I’ve ever seen. Until we went over to watch the chicken chase. The poor chickens…they didn’t stand a chance being chased by a bunch of little kids.
After the chicken chase we went on a wagon ride.
When it was all said and done, one of the funniest parts of the entire evening definitely was the mutton busting!
I have never seen so many crazy and cool activities all in one place. Way to go Idaho. And I’ll just state the obvious….It doesn’t take much to entertain me and make me laugh. After an activity like this one, I can’t wait to see what they come up with for next year.
7 comments:
Wow! They sure do take that seriously.
Where in the heck did they get that pool? I've never seen a Stake day like that. Very cool.
Can I come play? That looks like my kind of fun!
Kristina....they actually made the pool. They took a bunch of hay bales and formed them into a huge circle. Then they had this crazy huge piece of thick plastic of some kind that lined the whole thing. It was pretty cool.
Haha! Ben and I were laughing soo hard! Idaho sure does know how to put on a good party!
Wow...that is seriously awesome! What a fun activity. Looks like you are already having great experiences in Idaho!
Your ward wins the BEST ever Pioneer day party!!!
Post a Comment