When Mark was still in college, we lived in Provo for almost two years. That time was filled with wonderful friends, lots of games, and spending many Tuesday nights at Movies 8…..that was 50 cent night! Oddly enough, there’s one thing we never did.
We never hiked up to the Y.
So, while we were down visiting last weekend, we decided that it was finally time to do it. So we did.
It was a fairly short hike. Unfortunately for my poor out of shape legs, it was steep, and the hike almost kicked my butt. Once we finally reached the Y and saw the amazing view, it was totally worth it.
Here we are almost at the top. Lucky for me, this picture kind of hides how red my face was. A warm day and a very out of shape Katie do not make a great combination.
I’m really glad we did it. I’m glad that Mark was patient and stopped whenever I needed to catch my breath. I’m glad that the dust storm moved in after we started back down the mountain, and didn’t ruin the view. I’m especially glad that I survived and made it back to the car.
Who knows, I might even do it again one day.
8 comments:
haha I never hiked the Y either. Yet another BYU tradition I decided to forego.
And by "forego", I meant "forgo."
I never did it either! AND I went to Provo High for 4 years, and went to BYU.
That is so funny that you posted this. I never hiked the 'y' either and I'm going to be back at the end of the month and it's on the list. Glad to hear it's short! :-)
You and Mark look great!!
I attempted twice...but both times had kid problems...so in June, I finally made it! It was a great hike! I love your photos!
You guys look great! That's some cool-looking ground behind you in the last picture there. White sand?
You guys are AWESOME!! Next time you're in UT come see us!!
Laura, I think it was probably about a mile. Paige, the Y is actually cemented, and then painted white. It was pretty cool to see.
Post a Comment