Friday, October 29, 2010

30 Years 1 Month 7 Days

That’s how long I have lived without ever having stitches.  My lucky streak ended Wednesday night. 

001

I was getting ready to go to my niece’s birthday party.  I was walking down the stairs in our garage without the light on.  I thought I was on the last step, but clearly I was wrong.  I fell onto a metal workhorse of Mark’s.  Unfortunately, my hands were full and so my chin broke my fall.

004

My chin doesn’t hurt too bad, but my arm hurts like a mother…dumb tetanus shot.

11 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Oh, that looks so painful! I would have cried like a little girl.

Becky said...

OUCH!!! So glad that you didn't break anything!

I have misjudged the last step before too. Weird feeling that it is!

Erin said...

Yikes! Sorry about your chin (and your arm). Now you'll have a cool battle scar though!

Anonymous said...

YOW! Boo tetanus shots. They always hurt so much!

Kashari said...

Emily told us what happened, that no bueno :(
glad to hear your doing well.

Jules AF said...

Yikes!!! I'm glad you're doing okay, but that just sucks!

Genavee said...

Oww! I've never had stitches, and foolishly think it's just a kid thing and I'll be safe forever. You can laugh at me when I'm wrong.

Laura said...

Yowza!! Glad you're okay!!

The Edelbrocks said...

OUCH!!

Monica said...

Ouchie! Looks like you took it like a champ. I hurt for you.

megan said...

Well after 30 years at least you did a good job and got it nice and big. Now you have your own battle wound scar to tell stories about. Hope you heal quickly.