Friday, October 1, 2010

A Question

The other day I was reading a blog post by Pioneer Woman.  She was doing one of her ever so popular giveaways and the question she asked has had me thinking all week.  The question was…

If you could live anywhere, where would you live?

My first impulse would be to choose someplace super cool, fancy, foreign, etc.  But the more I thought about the more I realized something.  If I could live anywhere, I would choose to live right were we are…in little old Rigby, Idaho.  Sounds kind of crazy, right?

Well, we both have jobs that we are really enjoying, we’re moving into our new house in about a week(FINALLY), we can easily jet down to Provo for a BYU game, we love living near two temples, there are pretty mountains and lots of things to do outside, we like living in a quiet little town, and for the first time since we’ve been married, we live close to my family.  I love that.  It makes me happy.  And so, for at least right now, I can’t imagine ever wanting to move anywhere else.

So, I’ll throw the question back at you….if you could live anywhere, where would you live?  If it’s somewhere super cool…can I come visit?

8 comments:

Genavee said...

Much as I'd like to say someplace fantastic, like Paris or Hawaii, I know that for me home is Portland, OR. Everything about that place is right for me. I grew up there, my family is there, it's beautiful. But most of all the culture and everything else feels like me. I'm perfectly comfortable there and hope we can find jobs there ASAP after school.

Mary Kelly said...

I would love to live close to my family too but since they are all spread out I think I would love to try living in Spain or Italy. The European lifestyle has always been fascinating to me.

Kristina P. said...

I agree! Adam's family is always trying to get us to move closer to them, in Missouri. But I like it here in SLC. I don't see us leaving anytime soon.

Team Simmons said...

We used to live in one of the most beautiful places in the country (VT) and now we moved to the small town on New Bern,NC a cute little town loaded with history and we just love it!

We moved from the land of Ben and Jerry's to the land of Pepsi and you are welcome anytime!

Emily and Jake said...

I want to live in a cute little town that know one has ever really heard of in Italy. But this would only happen if we were rich enough to fly back to see you guys all the time. Hmm I think I need to strike some oil :)

Charlene said...

Can I have Salem, Oregon, with the values, people and government of Idaho or Utah?

Laura said...

I want to be a gypsy!!

Laura said...

I need to clarify - a gypsy with lots of money.