Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Incredible Edible Egg

Like most people this time of the year, we got together with my family and we dyed Easter eggs!  I used my sister’s kids as an excuse, but secretly….I was really excited to dye some as well.

DSCN3820

We jumped in and created some pretty amazing masterpieces….if I do say so myself. 

DSCN3834

DSCN3829

 Once they eggs were all decorated, we turned some of them in to dinosaurs.  Which, really made them the coolest eggs around.

DSCN3837

DSCN3839DSCN3838 

We had a great time decorating and being all clever and crafty.  Now…If only Mark and I liked hard boiled eggs, it would be a whole lot easier to know what to do with three dozen of ‘em.  They may or may not have seen the garbage can once the night was over.

8 comments:

Becca said...

Looks like so much fun! You even got an "Emily stinks" in there...I'm guessing she wasn't there? I wish I could have been there. I like the dinosaur idea...mind if I steal it to use with my nieces and nephews? ;)

Jules AF said...

haha I like the written ones. How do you do that?!

Mary Kelly said...

Ha- I usually throw our eggs away the next day. I hate the smell and the taste of hard boiled eggs but I love decorating them. My favorite is the rainbow one.

Kristina P. said...

Awww, nothing like writing someone stinks to remember Jesus.

megan said...

Nice eggs! You guys are very talented. My boys would like the dinosaur egg holders. Don't feel bad some of our eggs end up in the garbage as well. There is just too many to eat.

Laura said...

I love the whole 'emily stinks' thing - cracks me up!! I love how it made it's way to the eggs.
You guys are awesome!!

Erin said...

I wish I liked hard-boiled eggs too. I remember the old post about "Emily stinks." Cute! :)

Sherri said...

Why is egg dying so much fun>?????
I just love love love it!