What a whirlwind of a weekend. Friday night Steven, Alicia, and two of their kiddos met up with Mark and I after work and we drove through the night to Provo, UT. We were only going to be in Provo for one day, but that is all the time you need to go to a BYU football game! We rolled into Provo about 10:30 am and killed some time. Then it was the moment we were all waiting for...we arrived at Lavell Edwards Stadium...home of the good ol' BYU Cougars.
We were so excited to be here. This was the first time that Steven, Alicia, and kids had been to a BYU football game. It was so much fun to be in the stadium with 65,000 other crazy fans cheering for the Cougs.

Just in case you didn't hear...
Before the game all of the players come out onto the field and they do the normal warm ups and they run through the plays and do whatever else they do. BYU players also do the HAKA.
It was a really nice day. Almost too warm. So we all tried to keep the sun off of us as much as we could. Mark and Orion got pretty creative in their attempts.
After the game we got to meet Cosmo and we got to see a couple of the football players as they were ringing the bell in front of the Marriott Center.All in all, it was such a fun weekend. The game was a blast, and being able to go with Steven and Alicia made it even more fun. I wish we could go to every game. There is just something so fun about being there in the stadium yelling as loud as you can for your team. It's great! Saturday was actually my birthday and I couldn't think of a better way to spend it, or better company to spend it with. I also got to catch up with an old roommate from college. It was so fun to see you Jillaine...it had been way too long. We also got to spend the night with some great friends the Hardee's. We love them. They are the best. Oh yeah...the mountains. I can't forget to mention the mountains. They are beautiful. Can't get enough of them. Wish we lived closer to them! Mark and I would love to have them in our back yard.
BYU- 44 Wyoming- 0
2 comments:
What a fun weekend. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
I think you might be BYU's good luck charm :-)
What a game! I am glad you guys had SO much fun!!! Happy Birthday- that sounds like it was a perfect way to celebrate. Rise and Shout!
Post a Comment