Bring on Christmas!
Maybe next year we could move Thanksgiving to August or September or something. There aren't any major holidays then, and we could enjoy Christmas longer. Now, don't get me wrong, I think Thanksgiving is a wonderful holiday. It's a great opportunity to really reflect on how much I really have in my life. That being said...I've moved on. I am so excited for Christmas. I always love getting the house decorated, but this year has been especially fun. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because we are in a new house, we're in a new town with new friends, or because we are going home to spend Christmas with my family in California. I'm sure it's a lot of things. We got a lot of the house decorated today, and tomorrow we are decorating the tree. I can't wait.
I have also been trying to think of good presents for some people on my shopping list. Yeah, I'm totally not one of those people who have all of their shopping finished and all of their presents wrapped already. Boring. Why miss out on all of that last minute Christmas shopping craziness. It makes the whole experience so much more fun. Or something. The other day I was reading the MMW blog and I saw this post. Pure Genius. What a great idea for all of those people who are really hard to buy for.
I'm thinking my parents might just need matching sets of these slippers. So, just in case my brother and sisters see this, I call dibs. You can't have this idea.
It's gonna be the best Christmas present ever.
9 comments:
Okay....I didn't click the link...are those what I think they are? Did you actually make those? Have you lost all sense of propriety....Kateward!
Oh yes Marie...those are what you think they are. No I haven't made them...yet. I'm starting your pair tomorrow. I'm not sure how I will decorate them yet. Nice Sunday activity, don't you think. Ok, so I probably won't. I couldn't help myself. I just thought they were so darn funny.
HILARIOUS!!!!
Haha! I have a post in my draft folder about a Christmas suggestion which is along the same lines.
Oh my goodness! I didn't know you had moved again to Kentucky, into a rusty, double wide trailer on jacks, with a rust-pitted '57 chevy on blocks as your lawn ornament!
I suppose kotex pad slippers would just about fit in there...especially if you wore them to church.
I also think that one month is NOT enough time to get to have my tree up. Or stare at my cute santa decorations. Let's move it to the beginning of October!
Yes, August is conspicuously holiday-free. On the bright side, now I know what to get everyone in my family for stocking stuffers!
That is absolutely too funny! Enjoy the season!
That's funny! Just saw your tag! I'll get on it!
Post a Comment