Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Best Is Yet To Be

We had a talk in Church today that was based on an Ensign article called The Best Is Yet To Be by Jeffrey R. Holland. I loved it. The overall message was that, though we need to learn from the past, we shouldn't be focusing on it and be living in it. Instead, we need to be looking toward the future and what it holds. I don't know about you, but that is definitely something I need to be better at. The future has so much potential. It can be whatever I make it. This year I am determined to create the best possible future for me. You know what that means...goals.
Now you can add me to the long list of bloggers who have listed some of their goals for 2010. Hey, I'm hoping that if I have them written down in a couple of places that the odds of me accomplishing all of them will increase. So here are some of my goals....simple things to make my life better.

~Create a realistic meal plan and stick to it.

~Exercise 4 times a week with my cool wii exercise program

~Don't eat anything after 8:30 pm.

~Clean out my craft/scrapbook room...then keep it that way...and use it.

~Read my scriptures daily. Even if it is just a few verses.

~Making the time to go to the temple.

~If I don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all. This one could be the most difficult one of them all.

I'm really looking forward to this year and the changes and experiences that it has in store for me. Out of everything I hope to accomplish this year, I hope I can remember to look ahead and not let my attachment to the past and the things that are comfortable in my life outweigh my confidence in the future. The best is yet to be.

7 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I really love that talk. It's something I need to do more.

Laura said...

I just read that article in the Ensign today and LOVED it!
I loved your post!

Mary Kelly said...

You and I seem to have the same goals. Sometimes it is simple changes that create the best outcomes.

Jules AF said...

I'll have to take a look at it. Im AWFUL at that...

Will & Cheyenne said...

Good luck girl!!

Sarah said...

Read that talk last week and I agree that it's pretty much amazing! Good luck with your goals! I'm going to take Mark's advice and lose 10 lbs. this year. I'm thinking I can do it in a single day come this spring. I'm just that amazing.

Mindy and Marty said...

Hey Katie...I read that article too a couple of days ago and made Marty read it with me again because it was sooo good and exactly what I needed to hear. Thanks for posting about it. It's something for all to think about....