Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Celebrating Just Never Ended

I'm behind in posting this, but oh well. After spending a few days with Mark's side of the family for Christmas we were able to go to Idaho and spend several days with my family. This was such a treat for me, especially since we were just there for Thanksgiving. One cool thing about seeing both sides of our families over the holidays is that it was like having Christmas twice. Mom got a new Snuggie, which Emily was so kind to model. I have to admit that I tried out the Snuggie myself, and it was quite comfy.
Dad loves anything to do with the movie A Christmas Story, so when I saw this game, it was a must have. Be careful, or you'll shoot your eye out!
What did we do for five days of togetherness? The same things we always do when we are all together...we watched a lot of movies, played lots of games, and logged several hours playing on the wii and xbox.

We also spent a lot of time playing with Jaxon and Sammi. Even though Emily lives close by and sees them much more than I do, I will win them over and be their favorite aunt!
So help me.
There was also quite a bit of snow while we were there. Dad spent some time clearing the driveway and Mark felt like a true Idahoan...walking around in shorts. They don't call him Crazy Uncle Mark for nothing.
Our dog, Recon found a best friend in my parent's dog, Holly. They played out in the snow for hours. It made for two tired labs at the end of the day, which we loved.

And finally, we couldn't make marshmallow guns for Mark's side of the family and not make them for mine. I think they were a hit. There were a lot of sneak attacks going on over the week we were there. Marshmallow guns might sound harmless enough, but they can sure leave a mark....especially when you aren't expecting it.
It was a packed week. Between Christmas, Mark's Birthday, and our 9th anniversary....there was a lot of celebrating to accomplish. And I think we did.
Well, it's better late than never, but Happy New Year! We think 2010 is going to be amazing, and I can't wait to see what surprises it has in store for us.

4 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Ooooh, that's one of the classier, luxe Snuggies!

Laura said...

Looks like oh so much fun!! And I'm making marshmallow guns for my boys for sure!! How fun!!

Mary Kelly said...

Whoa- you guys were busy but it looks like a lot of fun. I love that marshmallow guns will now forever be a part of your Christmas memories because you know they will reappear any time your family gets together.

5Youngers said...

What a fun holiday you guys had. I love the snuggie. I actually got my dad one for Christmas as a sort of gag gift. He is always freezing so I thought he would get a kick out of a snuggie.. sure enough it was a hit.