I think in another life I could have totally been a foodie. I can easily spend hours looking through cookbooks and food blogs, dreaming of all the delicious food that I could make. I also love watching the Food Network and admiring the fancy dishes that they make. While I admire their crazy amazing dishes, I know that I will never be a fancy shmancy chef, which really, I'm pretty ok with. I can cook and I have made some tasty dishes in my day….but simple is more my cup of tea.
One of my goals this year was to come up with a meal plan and to stick with it. In my effort to do this, I have been digging through and trying to organize all my recipes. I’ve been wanting to get them all in one place and in some sort of order. So, I started a little project. A new blog just for all the recipes that I love to make….and several that I want to try. I figured that knowing how much I like finding new recipes that maybe someone else might like to see what we make from time to time. In case you are hungry and have a hankering for some food, you can check it out here. Don't expect anything too fancy, because it's not. It's just a start....major work in progress....but it's progress.
9 comments:
I want to be a foodie. I love the Food Network, and I love the idea of cooking, but then I just get lazy!
Those recipes looks delish!!!! I'll be checking out that sight often! So glad you're doing that blog!
Mmmmm. Meal planning is one of my constant goals, and also my least successful one. I love the idea of keeping all the recipes you find on hand though.
Oh good. I love cooking! And I love seeing other people's recipes when I'm feeling really frustrated and can't think of anything to eat.
Oh yum! I just checked it out and the recipes look so delicious!
I am so a foodie! My #1 thing to do when we travel is to find GOOD food. I will have to check out your new blog.
i spend to much time reading food blogs. i am addicted to foodblogs.com and tastespotting.com. but i do get great recipe ideas.
It's funny because I have tossed around the idea of starting my own blog just like yours- a collection of my favorite go-to recipes and new recipes I find and want to try. Good for you for actually doing it. Maybe I'll just continue to check yours instead of making my own :)
Katie, I am so excited to try all these new recipes! Now I can make all kinds of good food.... Jake will thank you later lol.
Post a Comment