Monday, September 20, 2010

30 Things You Might Not Know About Me

1.  I love pizza…hot or cold

2.  I refuse to wear socks with sandals

3.  I am not a morning person, but I like staying up late

4.  I can kick Mark’s butt in Mario Kart

5.  I love magazines and I hate to throw them away

6.  I think ice cream is the perfect dessert to just about any meal.

7.  I love to look through cookbooks

8.  I have never been skiing or snowboarding

9.  I love being an aunt

10. I HATE snakes…I am so terrified of them

11. I am a dog person

12. Not so much a cat person

13. I absolutely love living in Idaho near my family

14. I am really reserved around people I don’t know

15. I love the Disney character Goofy

16. I have had a green room in every house we’ve lived in….I can’t decide which room will get painted green when we move into our house

17. I love sunflowers and dahlias

18. The only form of potatoes I like are chips and fries

19. As a matter of fact, I don’t like most vegetables

20. I love it when all my laundry is done and put away, but I hate doing it

21. I married a really fun guy….he’s totally the outgoing one out of the two of us

22. I love Hummers…especially the little H3

23. I play bejeweled on facebook, but I never post my scores

24. I have eaten a chicken heart

25. I love wearing flips…even though it drives Mark crazy

26. I don’t wear makeup…I’m too lazy

27. I love playing board games

28. I always thought I would be a teacher…I never would have guessed I would love retail and enjoy the banking industry so much

29. I have never had a passport….or a need for a passport….yet

30. Today I am 30….that sounds a lot older than 29.  I’m not going to lie, it’s kind of weird.  But I am looking forward to celebrating with my family for the first time over 10 years!

16 comments:

Mary Kelly said...

Happy Birthday! 30 will be great!

just call me jo said...

First of all, of course you love Idaho. Who wouldn't? ;o)
Second--you might want to develop a love for potatoes in all forms--You ARE and Idahoan, after all...
Third--Happy 30th. I felt old at that age too. Now, three decades later, I'm here to tell you that it's still VERY YOUNG. Enjoy it for soon you will be much older...MUCH OLDER...and they tell me I should be grateful just to be alive. Sigh!

just call me jo said...

P.S. Get a passport. It makes you feel well-travelled even if you never use it. It's fun and helpful to have even if you're only going to Canada.

Emily said...

I hope you have a great day. I could agree with about 25 of those things. Be sure to eat some ice cream with your birthday cake!

Erin said...

When I first read that you love Hummers, I thought it said "hummus." Do you like hummus? :)

Happy birthday to you! I really hope it's a great one.

Kristina P. said...

Happy birthday! I am a recent hummus convert. I love it now!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday! Has it really been 10 years since we've been able to party it up on your birthday? Oh man, the pressure is on! I'll have to think of another cheer to perform...

Anonymous said...

Ahhh Katie, you are so awesome! Happy birthday!

Shayne said...

Yay! Happy Birthday! Have fun with your family! :)

Jules AF said...

Yuuuum, pizza. And happy birthday!!

Kari said...

Happy BIRTHDAY! Miss you!

Whitney said...

Happy Birthday! It's funny, that whenever I see Goofy, I think of you! So fun that you were able to celebrate with your family! I love your family!

The one who writes stuff said...

Love #26! You're not too lazy to wear makeup; you're too cool for it!!!

Genavee said...

Happy (slightly late, but still heartfelt) Birthday!

Sherri said...

Great list! Most of that list sounds like I wrote it myself! That was a fun read!

Monica said...

Happy (belated) birthday! 30s are FUN. Loved the post with the Broulim's Bear. I had forgotten all about Broulim's (used to shop there all the time when I was at Ricks ... the good ol' days!). PLEASE come see us next time you're down for a BYU game!