This weekend Mark and I went to the
Oregon State Fair.
I know this is going to be hard to believe, but I have NEVER been to a fair before. Crazy, huh...the State Fair in Cali was a couple of hours away, and we just never went to our county fair. So, there I was finally at my very first fair. We all had such a great time. We went with Steven & Alicia, Priss & Hero, Celinda, Marilyn, and the kiddos. Having the kids there with us really made it so much more fun. Everything they saw was so exciting to them. It was really cute.
Katie...Orion...Mark...Paige...Marilyn...Steven...Alicia...Celinda...Hero...Boo...Priss
So, of course we had to see all the animals. Here's a few...the little piggies were cute...the llamas didn't spit at all...bummer huh...and we actually pet that little alligator!
We had to see all of the exhibits...play on the rock walls with the kids...and we danced in the street to the way awesome music.
To finish off our fun evening, we rode "The Big Chairs" to the entrance. It was pretty cool...kinda like a giant ski lift that went across the entire fair. Orion and I were buddies at the fair(He made me the coolest necklace ever!) and he was my partner on this ride. He loved it. I know I was way more nervous about dangling up above everything than he was. It was really cool though, once I got used to it. We got to see all of the rides and shows and lights from up above. It was sad once the ride ended because it meant that it was time to get ready to go home.
What a fun time we had. Good food, great company, and loads of entertainment. I am so glad Steven and Alicia invited us to come up. Thanks for the extra tickets. I can honestly say that it was the best fair I have ever been to...ever!
3 comments:
I am so jealous- fairs are my favorite! Eat any yummy, unhealthy food? I'm glad the whole family was able to go together.
Jealous I still haven't been to a fair lol. I am glad you had fun. See you in a couple of days :)
Looks like SO much fun!! One of these years I'll make it too....
Post a Comment