Saturday, November 22, 2008

True Blue

I guess you could say that we are
True Blue Cougar Fans.
Since this was the biggest game of the season, we figured we might as well do it right and make a party out of it. So we cleaned house, decorated, and baked. All in honor of BYU football. I was joking with Mark as we were decorating this morning that I was channeling my inner Alicia. She's our sister-in-law and she throws the most amazing parties. Now, this was nothing like one of her parties, but it was fun. Despite our planning, decorating, and positive thinking, BYU lost to Utah. What the heck kind of game was that anyways. I mean, come on Max Hall...what's with throwing 5 interceptions?!? Anyways, despite the crappy loss, we had fun hanging out together. At least we had our party. Right?


It was so fun to hang out with these little future Cougars. They used to love to pretend to be monsters and dinosaurs, etc. Now when they jump on us and try to "get" us they are always Cougars. It's pretty funny.
*****
So...random story. Mark changed careers back in June and we moved in July. We ended up selling our house to a Utah football player (Steve Tate) and his family. They were just graduating and moving out to start his new job. We obviously aren't big Utah fans, but Steve and his wife are so nice. We have talked to them several times, and we wish we lived closer so we could watch some football games together. So, I guess you could say that after meeting them we weren't quite the anti-Utah people we were before. Anyways, my hubby was looking at our blog this morning and he saw the picture on my last post. He started laughing and he asked me if I knew who the Utah football player laying on the ground was. Of course, I didn't have a clue. I just thought it was a funny picture. He then tells me that it was Steve Tate. Yeah. Oops. So, just in case they come across my blog somehow from somebody in our old ward, I just wanted him to know...
Steve, I had no idea. I swear!

7 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Well, I'm glad you had a good time! My husband just swore a lot.

Brittany Marie said...

We don't have The Mountain so we didn't see it. And Que went to UVU and I went to Snow, so we're really too dorky to qualify to watch it anyway. You see my dilemma.

Charlene said...

ahhhh...that picture was so funny, and now that I know it's Steve, it's even funnier! I'm going to have to show my husband...

Your party looks like it was fun. I'm sorry to say we didn't watch the game....what bad Cougars we are!

Laura said...

Looks like a fun party. I wish you were Nacho Libre-ing it with us though!! :-)

Anonymous said...

well .....The Packers were channeling their "inner cougars" tonight on national TV....Similar disappointing upsetting interception-laden football game...oh well, there is always another team to cheer for....so i guess it's...Go Beavs!

Will & Cheyenne said...

That is so stickin' funny!!

Katie said...

Marie, I am so bummed. First BYU and now the Packers. What on earth is going on! Seriously...Go Beavs! I would love for them to beat the ducks. I just have to be careful saying that being that I live in major DUCK territory! What would people say. Don't tell.