Friday, December 26, 2008

What A Week

There has been a lot of celebrating going on lately. I don't think we could cram any more into one week if we'd try.
Celebration #1: Christmas...it was great. I'll probably post more about it once we get home. We were able to spend it with my entire family. They are crazy, super funny, total nerds and I wouldn't change a thing about them. There is something to be said about spending time with people who love you unconditionally. It is pretty funny when you get all of us kids together...we totally revert to acting like the super funny(annoying) kids we were when we were growing up and living at home together. My poor parents.
Celebration #2: December 27th....Mark's Birthday! He turns 31 this year. He's the coolest fella ever, and I am so lucky to be married to him. Even if he's old.
Celebration #3: December 28th...Our 8th Anniversary! Yup. We were one of those couples who decided to get married during Christmas break instead of waiting all the way until summer vacation. I mean really, a five month long engagement was plenty long. Why put it off any longer? Anyways, this is us way back when we were just a bit younger and a super cool newly married couple. Check out Mark with hair! I think I've practically forgotten what he looks like with it. Here we are now. A little older, but still way cool...Well, the week of celebrations has been awesome. It is a really hectic week with all that excitement. In reality though, we really don't celebrate our anniversary much. It is really hard to when we are always traveling to see family for the holidays. We are just going to have to dedicate some other day as our celebrate our anniversary day. Sounds like a good plan to me.

6 comments:

Kristina P. said...

That is a lot of partying!

And congrats on 8 years! We're coming up on 5.

Mary Kelly said...

What a fun week of celebrations! And we share the same anniversary- only the coolest people get married right after Christmas. Can't wait to see more pictures.

Will & Cheyenne said...

Congrats on EVERYTHING!!! Hope you have a safe trip back!

The Edelbrocks said...

Congrats on being old and happy 8th! So many things to be thankful for! :)

Brittany Marie said...

I could have sworn I left a comment on here earlier today. WTFudge?

Anyway, December must be so fun (and busy!) for you guys!

Congrats on year #8! Our 8th will be this May.

Laura said...

Happy birthday Mark AND happy anniversary, 8 and going strong, congratulations! AND, cute family photo and glad to hear your California Christmas was great! :-)