Monday, March 16, 2009

We had a BBQ Friday night at our house. It was great to hang out with such fun people....and eat a lot of yummy food. I ate so much food, I think I am still full. After we finished stuffing our faces all the kiddos played outside and then we snuggled them up to watch a movie. That way the grown ups could hang out uninterrupted. This was such a fun way to get to know some friends better. Especially one of the guys that Mark plays X Box with. Really, I've only heard of him referred to as his gamer tag...Stonesand. When they play together they never refer to each other by their real names. So, all I hear are names like....Conan, Enforcer, and Stonesand.

Stonesand(Ben).....Recon(Mark).....Enforcer(Steven)

So, now I know Stonesand is really Ben. He and his wife were a ton of fun. I'm so glad I could finally meet them. We're totally going to have to do this again....especially if we can get "Conan" and his family to come too.

One of the best things, though, about inviting people over to your house....it forces you to really clean it. Well, at least the parts of the house they were going to see. Just don't look in our bedroom, or we'll make you help us fold the mountain of clean laundry just sitting there waiting to get folded.

5 comments:

Kristina P. said...

What a fun evening! It makes me miss my siblings and my nephews.

5Youngers said...

Sounds like fun.... and I have some laundry in my bedroom that if they take a peek they can fold also. :)

Anonymous said...

Okay, the tagnames make sense now. They used to say them all the time in volleyball and I could never tell who was who lol

Laura said...

Looks like fun. The codenames are hilarious! Maybe we should have some too. Hmmmm....

Kari said...

It would be So fun to all get together...and use their gamertag names. Too funny. :)