Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I Think He Missed Me

Mark is away at Scout Camp this week...the lucky bum. Hundreds of teenage boys and eating camp food for a week. What more could you want! He just left Monday morning, but he missed me so much that he called me this morning and he wanted me to meet him for dinner. Isn't that just the sweetest thing ever! He's about 3 hours away, so I drove almost half way there to meet him. I picked us up a fancy dinner at Quizno's and we had ourselves a picnic.

Since I was meeting up with him, I had to come bringing stuff that was forgotten. The usual....a sleeping bag, super glue, fishing supplies, and Axis and Allies. Wait a minute...that game was a necessity that was missing from camp?

As a matter of fact, it was.

It appears that some of the boy played Risk last night. They had so much fun and were really disappointed that Mark didn't bring Axis and Allies. (I think it's a WAY longer game similar to risk....I don't really know)

I think (ok....I know) us getting together was really just so he could get the game to take back to camp, but we had a great time catching up before we had to part ways again.

I think I must be one really nice wife....and I might have felt sorry for him out there roughing it all week long. In their fancy tents. Sleeping on cots. At the beach. Why did I feel sorry for him again?

6 comments:

Kristina P. said...

YOu must still really like him if you were willing to drive 90 miles to meet him!

Laura said...

You are such a sweet wife! You've just stocked up some brownie points to use at your discresion. You never know when those come in handy... :-)

Mary Kelly said...

I hope the boys are enjoying themselves at scout camp and I hope you are thinking of some fun dates Mark can take you on once he gets home since you are the most awesome wife ever.

Baller family said...

You are a good wife to go halfway there and meet him! So if Mark is changing areas then and is coming to Bend we would love to see you guys. Let us know!

5Youngers said...

What a great wife you are. Score points for team Katie.

Sarah said...

Way to go, you rock! I bet he also wanted to go back to camp and brag that he had just been with an etremely attractive woman where the only thing the other guys could boast of was how much chili they ate.