Why do people say stupid things? To a complete stranger. I just don't get it.
The other day, I was at work. It was a normal day...I was working alone at the time. Straightening things around the store, helping customers, and whatever else. So, this lady walks in. I have no idea who she is. I say hi, just like I always do. She takes one glance at me and then says....
"Oh my goodness. You are the cutest pregnant lady I have ever seen. You are so cute. When are you due?"
SERIOUSLY! I wanted to smack her, but I couldn't. All I could do was to try and smile and politely inform her that I wasn't pregnant. The best part was then she told me, "You should really stand up straighter. But, don't mind me. I just say crazy things."
Yeah. Whatever. Stupid lady.
Maybe instead of blogging, I should be exercising.
Then again...Maybe not.
6 comments:
I won't ask a woman when she's due, until I see the baby crowning. Seriously, what is up with people?
Hey guys! It's Cheyenne! It's been FOREVER!! It is so great to track you guys down and I hope we can stay better in touch through blogging!!
www.hayes-herd.blogspot.com
I'm so sorry Katie!! I think you look GREAT!! What a stupid lady!
Blah...Let's stuff our faces with cake!
People can be so dumb! I want to know who she was really looking at because you look GREAT and have never looked pregnant and you never will until you actaully are. She must have been blind.
Wow, so many stupid people, so little time. But I think your reaction was spot on. Blogging about it exposes that lady's ridiculousness to a broader audience.
Post a Comment