Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Moving On Up

I am still in California with my parents. I'm going to be here for another whole week! I love the sunny weather we've been having...no jackets for me. I'm going to be spoiled by the time I head back up to Oregon and the rain. The only bummer is Mark went home a couple of days ago. I am really glad I can be here to spend time with my parents, but I wish he could be here too. Things here in good old Visalia are a bit crazy. My parents have decided to move on up from Visalia. You know...move somewhere way more exciting or something. So, they are moving to Rigby, Idaho. That's right folks. Rigby. The birthplace of TV. How cool is that! Really cool, I know. I think the whole TV thing is one of the main reasons they picked Rigby. Or maybe it has something to do with my sister, Sarah and her cool family living there. I can't remember.

So, after living in the same town for 32 years, while raising 5 kids, we are packing them up and shipping them off to Idaho. Life right now involves A LOT of boxes and trips up and down the stairs. I am getting more of a workout than I bargained for. I can feel it in my calves. They are a little sore...sad, I know. We are also sorting and getting ready for the biggest garage sale I've ever been involved with. Should be a busy weekend. I can't wait to get pictures of the garage sale to post...it's gonna be huge.

11 comments:

Laura said...

I bet they are SO thankful to have you there helping them. Can't wait to see photos of the garage sale! :-)

Will & Cheyenne said...

Wow that's a big deal!

5Youngers said...

What a great daughter. You better get a BIG hug for daughter of the year.

Kristina P. said...

I have never been to Rigby! Does this mean they are closer to you?

Sarah said...

Yah, it's got nothing to do with me and they told it to my face, it's all about cheaper housing and some little kids that they want to spoil. I'm jealous I can't be there right now, but I'll get my work out when they move here! I can't wait to see this end-all be-all garage sale, what fun!

Anonymous said...

Hail the birthplace of TV!!!!

Charlene said...

Wow! Katie, you've earned a big gold star for the middle of your forehead - I hate to pack things up and move.

Even though, driving the big moving truck is a kick!

The Edelbrocks said...

Where would we be without TV??

Anonymous said...

Kateward,
I hope you are as good at packing boxes as you used to be at unpacking them! And I am betting there are going to be some great displays at the garage sale....you have skills....are you using them? Or are you too exhausted to be artfully merchandising the kitchen department and the kids department etc etc etc. I am betting your mother didn't think she could love you more till now....this will earn you some Mom brownie points for sure! Hope you're having fun along the way.
the store officially closed today...out with a wimper, not a bang, but that is the way I wanted it, not a big weeper and wailer once I make a decision ..... and as you know, this was a long time in the planning. Meg, Samantha and I have already found gainful employment....so no real loose ends left. (yes ....I am going to take a part-time job, I'll explain later....life is weird, yet exciting) So anyway....warm regards to your parents, they are in my prayers as they transition to the next great chapter of the Neilsen family saga (I suggest they call this next chapter "The Potato Years" but it's entirely up to them) Let them know if the whole Idaho thing doesn't work out, they should consider Wisconsin!

Ben said...

I still can't believe your parents are moving to Idaho!! Are you sure they know what winter is like up there? :) Visalia won't be the same without your family.

Erin said...

I have an aunt and cousins who live in Rigby! Small world.