Friday, February 27, 2009

You Know What They Say...

One man's trash is another man's treasure. Boy is that ever a true statement.
Welcome to the biggest garage sale I've ever been to. No joke....this garage sale was huge! I guess cleaning things out after living in the same place for so long will do that to you.
Oh man...we sold a ton of stuff. You wouldn't believe how busy it was....and we made a few dollars too. Hooray!

It was a crazy weekend. We were all exhausted by the time it was over. I think I went to bed and was asleep by 9:30pm Saturday night. I don't remember the last time that has happened. Really by the time it was all said and done, about 90% of all this stuff was gone! Thank heavens. The one thing that I will probably remember for a long time is the
lame-wad
who gave us a
fake $10 bill.
The $10 bill on top is the fake one. What better souvenir to get out of this crazy weekend than an officially, authentic, fake $10 bill!

8 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Was this all your stuff?

Anonymous said...

Lame! What a meanface. I wonder if it can count as $10 a tax write-off to charity?

Charlene said...

was it color photocopied or something? At least it wasn't a $20

Katie said...

Yeah...so this was no "multi-family" garage sale. This was all from the Nielsen family.....it was all my parents and siblings stuff.

Will & Cheyenne said...

That's crazy!

Sarah said...

Yes, I'm sure I had a fair share of stuff amognst those piles. That's awesome that you were able to help with such a monumental task - way to go you guys for getting rid of so much! I can't believe about that 10 bucks! How to know that you live in a crazy world; you get a fake 10 at a GARAGE SALE of all places. Come on people.

5Youngers said...

Time for the CSI crime scene florescent lights :). You are such a GREAT daughter... to help out with that HUGE garage sale.

Laura said...

AWESOME garage sale! Did you guys catch the fake or did the bank tell you? I wouldn't have caught it - my observation skills are so sad...