Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Bonko Night!

What seems like a long time ago in a city not too far away, we were part of a Bonko Group. (I know it's really Bunko, but we had a guy that kept calling it Bonko, and it just stuck.) Well, our Bonko group reunited Saturday night, and boy was it hilarious. This one was all about weddings, being that it was close to Kevin and Debbie's anniversary...and they hosted the shindig. After we were done playing, Kevin and Debbie cut their cake. They claimed it's been in the freezer since their wedding just waiting for the right occasion to break it out. We felt so honored that they chose to share it with all of us.

Once we were done with the cake, it was prize time. The best part of the night!

Lennae and Chris won wedding license plate borders since they were the last one with the travel. I really hope they put them on their car....they did say that they needed one, since one of theirs was broken.

Chris and Jona won this beautiful hand covered binder. I think they were really excited about it. In fact, they were so overwhelmed by how special it was, they almost forgot it when they left. At least that's what they claim.

We were the lucky recipients of this lovely little prize package...a coupon organizer and one burner cover. What did we do to deserve such a prize? Well, I have to give Mark all the credit on this one. Let's look at his score card a little closer...

He won for having the most losses. 18 out of 24 is pretty impressive.

All in all, we had so much fun hanging out with them. We always leave with our stomachs hurting from laughing so hard. Oh, and Debbie the burner cover works great on our gas stove top! So practical and pretty too. Who knew?

I'm so lucky.

5 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I have never played Bunco, but have always wanted to!

Jules AF said...

I don't even know what bunko is. sad.

Laura said...

That is hilarious!!
Looks like such a fun evening! Too bad we were out of town that night - while you were having fun at bunko, I had a bear outside of our tent! :-)

Will & Cheyenne said...

I didn't even know there was such a thing as a burner cover??!!

Mary Kelly said...

So fun. Bunko is the best, especially with silly people and even sillier prizes.