Monday, July 13, 2009

Favorite Things Gift Exchange

Finally this weekend it happened. It is the cutest, most fun party of the year. It was the Favorite Things Gift Exchange. Last year I wasn't very good about taking pictures....so, this year I was determined to do better. Trust me, after seeing these, you are going to want to have your own party. Or at least go to one.
We were greeted by pretty flowers and found really cute lunch boxes on our chairs.
Even our lunches were cute.

All the ladies visiting and eating.

The gift table.

After we ate it was time to exchange gifts....that's always the really fun part! I love seeing what other people bring. It gives me good ideas. This is what I brought...

Some of my favorite things....an ice cream scoop, some recipes, a quote book, pens and a notepad from The Office, chocolate, hand sanitizer, cute measuring cups, verbena soap, cupcake liners, a really cute card, and a dahlia.

Here's what I got....

It's everything I need to throw a cupcake exchange. Seriously...it's all there. There's invitations, paper plates and napkins, a garland, goodie boxes, cupcake liners, sprinkles, a cupcake cookbook, a cake plate, and of course...some really tasty cupcakes. My sister in law brought this, and boy am I happy I was the lucky one to go home with it.
Once all the eating and exchanging was over, it was time to take a ton of pictures. That's what happens when you get a bunch of girls together who all have blogs.
Our hostesses...Carolyn, Kari, and Alicia.

Alicia...Me...Celinda....and proof of all the crazy picture takers.

The whole group.

It was a great afternoon, and I am so glad I have talented and creative friends who are willing to put on such a fun event.

7 comments:

Kristina P. said...

What a fun party!

And I am ALL OVER that cupcake exchange!

Sarah said...

SUCH a good idea! I'm going to have to do one of those sometime. I'll have to get all the info from you of how to put one on!

Laura said...

Looks like so much fun!! And you all look gorgeous in red!

Erin said...

What a fun time! That looks really a really great event/party.

5Youngers said...

It was such a great party. I love that you took a pic of all of us taking pics. Hilarious. Can't wait to get my invite to your cupcake exchange :~)

Goldielocks said...

seriously like THE cutest ever party!!!its like christmas in july!

Kari said...

So glad you come! I also love that you got a picture of everyone taking pictures. Too funny! Oh, and I'm SOO glad I got your gift! We have very similar 'Loves'!