It's not a commonly known fact that just 30 minutes away from Palmyra is the birthplace of JELL-O! How awesome is that!? We had some time to kill before we had to go to the airport. So, we all headed out to LeRoy to see the JELL-O gallery.

In front of the building was this cow....I'm not sure of the story behind it, but it was pretty cool.
The first thing you see when you go inside is this sign. Truer words have never been spoken.
Then we started the presentation. This lady told us all about JELL-O and how it originated. She was really quite sweet, and as we were talking with her we discovered she's a totally famous TV star. She's been on the Food Network show Unwrapped. So, we had to get our picture with her.
A little piece of JELL-O info for you.....this JELL-O sign above Mark and I was built special for the Salt Lake Olympics. Once the Olympics ended they shipped it to New York to go on display here. Since we worked at the SLC Olympics we felt an instant bond.
Utah was actually quite prominently displayed here. For example...
JELL-O is the official state snack of Utah. Awesome. I wonder what Oregon's state snack would be? Do we even have one?
They had a fun little JELL-O store set up that the girls had a ton of fun playing in.
Once we finished our tour, we browsed the gift shop, and it did not disappoint. The had all the usual stuff...t-shirts, towels, pens, magnets, aprons, etc. Our favorite thing they sold were these.
JELL-O boxers. So funny, and so wrong at the same time.
They had a fun little JELL-O store set up that the girls had a ton of fun playing in.
This gallery was actually pretty cool and quite entertaining for all of us. Totally worth the $4 admission. Our one complaint...there were no JELL-O samples! Seriously, you'd think a place like this would have some JELL-O to hand out. We were hoping for a little snack while we were there. Bummer.
6 comments:
I love your blog. It always provides me with a perfectly legitimate excuse to put off studying. And those jell-o boxers are hilarious.
What a cool tour! I had no idea that the Jello place was so close.
Too bad there were no samples. But what a fun activity, to go and visit the Jello birthplace!
That is HILARIOUS!! I totally want to go to the Jello-O gallery. Who would have thunk....
FUN post!!
How cool!! I'm am surprised that they didn't have any samples. Darn. Looks like a lot of fun!
Official snack of Utah? Hahahaha what?
Post a Comment