I grew up in a BBQ sauce lovin’ house. We used it in all the normal ways….like whenever my dad would grill chicken or steaks. But we didn’t stop there. It would be considered normal in our house to always put BBQ sauce on hamburgers, hot dogs, burritos, tacos, and well….you get the idea.
When I was back in Idaho last week, I was talking with both of my sisters and our funny BBQ sauce habit came up. For some reason, when we were young, we thought we had come up with the most wonderful combination.
Wait for it…..
We used to take our bowl of mac n’ cheese and mix BBQ sauce into it.
Seriously.
We all thought it was amazing. Looking back now, we all wonder what the heck we were thinking. My sister, Sarah, said that she tried it again as an adult. You know, just to see if it was really as good as we thought it was as kids.
Yeah, it’s just as gross as you’re probably thinking right now.
I’m so glad we grew out of that phase.
Did you ever do strange things with your food like that as a kid? I hope so….I’d like to think that we weren’t the only weird ones.
9 comments:
Ha ha ha! I remember when Emily was dying for BBQ sauce up here our first semester. I can't think of anything that I've eaten weirdly as a kid since I was a picky eater, but I'm sure there are plenty of those kinds of things. Your family is just too normal to be that unique. ;)
I do love BBQ, but not that much!!
That is too funny! Kari Anderson and I used to always put cheese doritos or cheetos inside of our tunafish sandwich! ... but to be honest, I still really like it! ;)
We would eat grapenut cereal with grape juice, not milk. Kind of nasty.
I'm sure I did odd food things, but nothing comes to mind. My little sister, on the other hand, is known for her love of peanut butter, jelly and bologna sandwiches.
We LOVE BBQ too!!!
You got some great shots at the wedding!
White rice with sugar/cinnamon with milk on top. I have never grown out of it though. It's still one of my all time favorite go to foods.
The bbq sauce on Mac and cheese sounds disgusting :-)
Oh Katie, there is one thing that I lived on in college that I still like even though I haven't had it in quite some time. Here it is: Take a little saltine top with a little cheese action (colby jack is my fav) and garnish with bbq sauce (I know I know, again with the bbq sauce). It's delish - promise!
Katie I can't believe I didn't know this about you because...I'm a BBQ LOVER TOO!!! Like seriously BBQ pizza, BBQ on quesadillas! I've even gone so far as to putting BBQ sause on potatoes...I'm a college student what can I say?! haha But honestly that doesn't sound that gross to me, is that pathetic?! haha I LOVE BBQ sauce!
Post a Comment