Friday, June 4, 2010

And So It Goes

Have you heard that old joke about living in Oregon?  It goes something along the lines of…..it only rained here twice last month.  The first time was for two weeks and the second time for two weeks.  Yeah, that’s not too far from the truth. 
A few friends and I have been trying to go out on a short hike every Tuesday for the last month.  Unfortunately, it was always raining and we never went.  Until this week.  We actually had a break from the rain for half a day.  I’ll take it!001 004
I guess if I had a good attitude about all the rain, I would recognize that it is what keeps Oregon so green and pretty.  Like this…
005
012 
Maybe it isn’t so bad after all.  Summer will get here eventually, right?  I hope so, because we’ve got big plans to check out some more hikes in the area.  They are so pretty, and a good workout too.
008 009
Besides, this is so much more fun than spending the morning with my treadmill.  I’d choose this any day.

5 comments:

Laura said...

Fun! Looks gorgeous!

Kristina P. said...

I like the *idea* of nature. Although, I do love looking at trees from my air conditioned office.

Becca said...

I can't wait to go to Oregon! It really is so pretty. I'm glad the rain finally let you hike for bit!

Genavee said...

The rain can get dreary, but I actually kind of miss the oregon drizzle.

Whitney said...

Gorgeous! That's one thing I miss about the Pacific Northwest - all the awesome hikes! I'm glad you don't let the rain stop you! I'd choose that over the treadmill any day.