Friday, June 18, 2010

I Could Really Use A Few More

Once again, we’ve planted our little garden.  With all of our focus on moving and such, we really aren’t giving it the attention and care we did last year.  Thank heavens that didn’t stop these from growing.008004 This year we got adventurous with our garden and we tried something that we’ve never grown before.  Strawberries.  We only planted a few strawberry plants and now I’m wishing we would have just filled the entire planter box with them.

006

Mark said that he read that they can actually grow in Idaho….’cause you know….not everything can.  I really hope so.  Because if he’s right, I just might have to go a little strawberry crazy next year.  I love going out and checking on them every few days and picking a couple.  Yum!

5 comments:

Kristina P. said...

These are the times when I wish I had a green thumb!

just call me jo said...

Strawberries love Idaho. It's cool and damp. They slow down producing when Idaho gets "hot." Which is nothing like AZ hot. I'm having such trouble adjusting to gardening in hell. I think the only thing I've succeeded with is cactus. Not as good to eat as strawberries. ;o)

Jules AF said...

Wait, you're moving to Idaho? I need to go back and read about this.

Laura said...

Ours haven't started producing yet. I can't wait!!

Kacie said...

I love strawberries! Those look so yummy!