Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Car Cruise

What on earth could cause all these people to sit out on the side of the street on a Saturday night?
016
Well, they definitely weren’t there to see Mark and I drive down the street…that’s for sure.  They are waiting for the annual car cruise to start.  It’s a pretty big deal around here, so Mark and I decided to check it out.  The city closes down the main street going through town and people register their old cars so they can cruise through town.  That way everyone can see and admire their cars.
 042
021 027 036
It was actually quite entertaining to sit and judge the cars.  There were cars you thought were cool….
019
Cars that made you laugh….especially when they through incense out the windows at people.
028
There was a pretty rad, old fire truck and a car covered in flames.  They kind of go well together.
033 032
And then there was my favorite car of the night.
039 041 040
I love that it’s pink. 
I love that the license plate is Lil Pig. 
And I totally want one.
045
I feel like we’ve taken part in something that’s a pretty big deal in our little town and I like that.  We are really trying to soak in everything that we can right now.  Especially since there are so many changes happening in our lives and we will be moving in a couple of months.  It’s crazy, but good, and that is a whole ‘nother post. 

5 comments:

Kristina P. said...

How fun! This is why I love small towns. And I really want that cherry red Mustang.

just call me jo said...

I so miss a town that does something like that. Ahhh! I love all the cars but Lil Pig is a real dandy.

Genavee said...

I love little bits of flavor like that.

5Youngers said...

I love old cars. I want that pink car too.. LOVE IT!

Moving???? What did I miss while my computer was out of commission?

Will & Cheyenne said...

Hope you are enjoying the sunshine that finally hit!!!

I saw Steve a few weeks ago and I nearly cried with excitement. Seeing him was the best part of my whole visit to Oregon.

I wish I wasn't so far away.......