Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Just A Little Update...

So, life is plugging along at a somewhat normal pace. I started work at my new job last week. I am working at a super cute gift shop. I really think it is going to be a lot of fun. This store reminds me of ood ol' Corky's quite a bit.

I also got a calling in our new ward. I am the Primary Secretary. This should be kinda interesting....especially since I have spent the last 5 or so years working with the youth in our old ward. Well, I am up for the challenge. I think it will be a lot of fun to be involved with something new and different. The kids were pretty entertaining last Sunday. I think I will always have an abundance of funny stories to tell after a day in primary.
Mark also went fishing last weekend...It had been SO LONG since he had been. He had a blast, and it has motivated him go through and play with all of his fishing stuff. He had the kitchen table totally covered the other night. So cute...playing with his toys.
I think if he could go fishing every day he would. It makes him so happy to be out on the river. I'm so glad he could go with some guys from our ward...except now all he talks about is how much
he wants to buy a boat again!
* Now I know a new boat sounds fun... and all of his lame-o guy friends are totally encouraging this...but let's be real for a second now people! We cannot buy a new boat right now, not that we can't get one eventually, just not now. Y'all are crazy if you think otherwise. So, please...I'm begging now...quit encouraging my dear sweet husband! Thank you for you help. =)

2 comments:

Laura said...

Congrats on your new job, new calling and new boat! :-)

Emily and Jake said...

Yeah you got a job! :) That is awesome. And congrats on your calling. I knew it wouldn't be long until they got you. And you are reading the twilights series. Success at last lol. It is only fair I got you hooked on something after you got me hooked on blogging:) Lov ya