Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Ice Cream

Ice cream was always the dessert on hand as I was growing up. It felt like we ate some almost every night. Now we probably didn't eat it that often, but I know we ate lots. We still do. Despite how much ice cream our family of seven ate, I don't think our freezer ever looked like this.

Yeah...so if you look closely you will find that there are NINE cartons of ice cream in our freezer! Who on earth ever has nine cartons of ice cream in there freezer. Ok, so maybe the Duggar family with 17 kids has had nine cartons of ice cream in their freezer. If they are even allowed to eat ice cream. But they are totally the exception. They don't count. In our defence, we did have a bunch of family over that day. I think they must have eaten most of it. I'm sure we hardly had any. Really, maybe just a bowl or two.
This happened a couple of years ago. I was randomly looking through our really old picture files and I came across this beauty. I just couldn't help but laugh. I love that we found this picture worthy, cuz really how often are you going to see a freezer looking like that?! In fact, I think I'm going to go eat some ice cream right now. Oh, and just in case you were wondering...we only have one carton of ice cream in our freezer!

11 comments:

Laura said...

That is hilarious!! Enjoy your ice cream...

Kristina P. said...

Holy crap! That's like my biggest fantasy and my biggest nightmare, rolled into one.

Whitney R said...

Oh. If it was all coldstone I'd be drooling.

You forgot to mention all your concentrate. lol

Will & Cheyenne said...

What's your fave then?

Mary Kelly said...

I am guilty of the same thing- expect my weakness is sugar cereal. I might have to do a similar post on my blog to show the world that we have at least 7 boxes of junk cereal.

Sarah said...

There was absolutely nothing wrong with that picture. We have been told to get on top of our food storage. So let us all resolve right now to go out and get our freezers full of ice cream because, dang it, we need to be prepared!

Katie said...

Ooh...Cheyenne my favorite is probably cookie dough, but I will eat anything without nuts in it. I'm not too biased. Mary, I hear you on the sugar cearal thing...I feel a pull towards that isle at the grocery store. I can't help it. Sometimes Lucky Charms are the only thing that sounds good for breakfast. Or lunch. Or dinner.

Shelby said...

hahaha that's so much ice cream and so funny! Thanks!

Baller family said...

That's funny! I love ice cream too! It's so nice to sit down after the kids go to bed and have a bowl all to myself!

The Edelbrocks said...

LOL! I will come over and eat ice cream with you any time! Hopefully I will see you Monday!

Emily said...

That is like my dream come true. I have denied myself ice cream for the last nine months because it doesn't sit well with Addies tummy. In 3 more months I'll be done breastfeeding and I'll be eating a whole half gallon myself. To make up for lost time, of coarse.