Thursday, February 5, 2009

Lucky Me

I was talking to my dad on the phone the other night and Mark came up in the conversation. My dad told me that I was one lucky girl and that I had a great guy for a husband. Now I already know this, but it was a great reminder for me.

He makes me laugh and helps me not take life too seriously.
He makes me take my vitamins.
He is a kid at heart. I think he always will be.
He's a hard worker.
He let's me kick his butt in Mario Kart.
He puts up with all my quirks.
He always picks up after the dogs outside.
He is a great example to me of the kind of person I should be.
He encourages me in my interests.
He loves me. A lot.
My dad was so right. I am a lucky girl.

8 comments:

5Youngers said...

Ahhhh... What a guy...

Kristina P. said...

You do sound like a lucky girl!!

Laura said...

What a sweet post!! You two are so cute together!! He's a great guy and you are a GREAT girl.

Trina said...

Popping in from BSU. It definitely sounds like you are a lucky girl! I'm an extremely lucky gal myself. My hubby sounds very much like yours. Isn't it wonderful to share your life with someone who is so fantastic?

Trina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Will & Cheyenne said...

Mark, Mark, Mark~
What can I say? Though we have not been in touch since high school, if he hasn't changed much, you ARE very lucky. I got to spend about 4-5 years growing up with Mark, and he was one of my dearest friends. At times, one of my very closest. What Mark's good at: LAUGHING!!, LISTENING, MAKING YOU FEEL IMPORTANT, WATCHING MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL, LAUGHING, BEING HUMBLE, LOVING HIS MOTHER, CALLING YOU OUT ON UNNECESSARY DRAMA, LAUGHING BEING HONEST, BEING LOYAL, ADORING HIS FAMILY, AND LAUGHING!! Mark, I will always have a special place in my heart for you and your family.
BUT, Katie, everything I learned about you on this blog tells me that Mark is JUST as lucky to have you. Wish we lived closer because I bet we would get great friends....and get into a little trouble!! I'll have to send you a few "classic" pictures of Mark that you can use for some bribbing tactics. :)

Charlene said...

Awww...Isn't it lovely to find someone to love, who loves us for who we are? You're a lucky lady, missie!

Sarah said...

So very true! Mark is the best! Anyone who could meet an annoying little 17 year old sister like I was and still stick around is truly golden! Who doesn't love Crazy Uncle Mark? Especially when there's an Awesome Aunt Katie to throw in the mix!