Thursday, February 12, 2009

Lucky Number 13

I was a little nervous for this Friday the 13th. Why, you might ask? Well a couple of weeks ago I got this in the mail.

That's right...my very first Jury Summons!

I've never been summoned for jury duty before in all my 28 years. Finally the government has tracked me down and I get assigned jury duty on Friday the 13th. What gives. So, whatever. It probably wouldn't have been a big deal except for the fact that Mark and I are driving down to California this weekend. Getting stuck on a jury that carried over into next week or something would have ruined this little road trip.

So, I am mentally prepared for the worst. I called the automated system tonight, and I am so off the hook. No jury duty for me, and we are leaving for California a day early. All thanks to good old lucky number 13.

Surprise, Mom and Dad...we'll see you Friday night.

5 comments:

5Youngers said...

YEAH. no jury duty for you... Have fun in California -- soak up the sun.

Kristina P. said...

I've onlly been summoned once, and I didn't have to serve either.

Love the new blog look!

Laura said...

I've had to serve every time I get called! Lucky! 13 is your lucky number!
Have a great time in Cali!!

Baller family said...

I got a jury summons about 2 months ago. I didn't have to to it either because we had moved to Bend and I was no longer a Marion county resident. I got off the hook. Whew... Have fun in Cali!

Sarah said...

Oh ye of little faith! Did you not remember that your dearest sister was born on Friday the 13th?! Therefore all Friday the 13th's are good luck, didn't you know? Well, now you do so the next time you can rest easy.