Were nothing like the Tea Party Mark and I went to today. People who know my hubby know that he LOVES politics and his country. Yes...he's right here reading this over my shoulder...telling me what to type about him...funny guy. That man loves some Fox News. Anyways, with all the Tea Parties going on across the country today, Mark really wanted to go to the one up in Salem at the Capital building. As for me...I'm always up for something new and different. Neither one of us has ever been to a political rally of any kind. So, off we went to be involved in something big. Bigger than just the two of us.
There were so many people and signs. We felt a bit unprepared...we didn't think to make a sign. What can I say, it was our first rally...we'll know for next time. It was pretty amazing to see how many people came out to share their opinions.
Steven, Alicia, and the kids came too....Paige was chanting "No More Taxes" the rest of the afternoon. Uncle Mark didn't encourage that at all, especially while we were at Burger King afterwards.
Well, it was quite a day. No matter what side of the fence you sit on, it is pretty amazing to go to something like this. Being surrounded by thousands of people all in support of the same thing was quite and experience. It is easy to think that my opinions and thoughts don't matter in the grand scheme of things. But, it was neat to see such a large group of people made up of individuals just like me who want their opinions and thoughts to matter and count.
5 comments:
My brother, sister-in-law, and two of their friends went to the Tea Party as well..... were there oodles of people there?
Oh! I wanted to go, and my mom tried to go but couldn't find any close handicapped accessible parking. Thanks for getting out there and showing your support!!!
I totally wanted to go but I didn't get back from Portland in time. My aunt and uncle were there. So cool you went!!!
Even good ole Rexburg and Idaho Falls had some parties of their own going on - way to be party people!
Soo AWESOME! What a great experience! Looks like there was a great turnout. BTW- I LOVE your hair. That cut looks soo good on you :)
Post a Comment