You’ll never guess what happened at 6:45 this morning.
It snowed.
It wasn’t a heavy snow. It didn’t stick or anything. It was just a little flurry. But it was still snow.
How was I aware that it was snowing at that awful hour in the morning? Well, I was up walking with some friends. That’s right. I went walking this morning. At the butt crack of dawn. In the snow. Who the heck am I?
If you know me well, you will know that I love me my sleep. I’m not a morning person. In fact, I hate waking up early. Something else I kind of hate….exercising. I really want to get better about exercising, and working out at home by myself just wasn’t working really well. It is just too easy for me to find other things I would rather do.
So, I made a change. A really hard change. I’m meeting up with 2-3 other people every weekday morning by 6:30. We walk a big 3 mile loop and we’re done and I’m home by 7:15. It’s actually been pretty fun and the time goes by so fast since we visit the whole time.
Maybe it won’t be so bad. Maybe I’ll get used to waking up when I think all normal people should be asleep. Or maybe, when my alarm goes off at 6:00 tomorrow morning….I’ll wonder what on earth I was thinking when I committed to this.
13 comments:
Good for you! I can not stick to an exercise routine by myself either. I hope you are able to stick with the program- maybe you will learn how to be a morning person :)
Yay for you! I'm not a morning person by any stretch, but there is something to be said for starting the day on a productive note.
I am SOO proud of you! I'm not a morning person either, so I totally understand how hard it is to drag yourself out of bed when all you want to do is sleep! And so nice you have such great friends to walk with - it makes a WORLD of difference!
Way to go sweetie! Maybe you will grow to love early mornings and sunrises like your old dad does!
...then again maybe not...
Good for you! I did a walking group and we were out at 6 am... so hard on me. I wish I could have stuck to it though... YOU CAN DO IT!
Way to go! I admire your motivation, especially as a fellow lover of sleep!
Good job! Maybe I need some friends to kick me in the butt to get going, too....
Yeah, that will never happen for me. I can't do it.
But good for you!
That's great! I cannot get up early anymore and have been wanting to change myself since Jason will soon be waking up at 4:00 am in the mornigs, ughhh. I should probably try to get on a similar schedule, but not at 4:00am for me maybe 5:30 or 6:00.....3 kids has changed me so much. I'm lucky to be up by 7:00 anymore. Little Declan still wakes up at night and I'm looking forward to being able to sleep through the night again. You go girl...you'll do great! I love exercising in groups!
Way to go you? But, question, why are you waking up 1/2 hr. early to go walking? I would totally just roll out of bed and put a bra and shoes on and call it good. It's way more fun to go walking with friends, totally agree! But right now, I'll just stick waddling by myself on my treadmill in my home, far away from people who don't even want to see that right now. May the sun shine on your head as you walk!
I am so proud of you!!
How fun you have a group to chat with as you walk! I hear you about mornings....
You are craaaazy. That's so early!
Post a Comment