Sunday, March 28, 2010

You Guys Are Experts, Right?

Lately, I’ve been thinking about making a few changes here on the good ol’ blog.  The biggest change I want to make is our blog address.  When I created this blog I didn’t know what I was doing and I just made our address our first and last name.  Whatever….it has worked for us.  But now we’re thinking that it’s time to ditch the last name.

I’m not really sure what option is going to suit our needs the most.  My goal is to not have our blog show up if someone were to google our names.  What’s the best way to do that?  Do I start over completely with a brand spankin’ new blog?  Do I import my blog to a new address?  This option would allow me to move all my blog posts to the new blog(but does that solve my google problem?)  Have you done anything like this?  Any opinions…advice…..anything?  Help!

And most importantly……I need to come up with a new blog address.  Talk about pressure.

6 comments:

Jules AF said...

You can definitely change the url! Let me look it up and tell you.

Jules AF said...

Go to settings and publishing!

Erin said...

I did this myself about two years ago - I didn't want my last name in the URL anymore. After I made the change, I wrote a blog post about it:

http://ifyougiveamomamoment.blogspot.com/2008/08/how-i-changed-my-url.html

My only problem now is that I second guess myself; sometimes I think the blog name I chose is a dumb one. But I can't change it now! (Actually, I guess I could, but I'm just too lazy) :)

Let me know if you have any questions!

Will & Cheyenne said...

I'm sure my advice would make you lose everything. I'm staying out of this one!

Katie said...

Thanks for the tips and help....I REALLY appreciate it!

Kristina P. said...

Love the new URL! I want to change mine too.