Thursday, January 22, 2009

Cup Cakes

Today I ran to the grocery store on my way home from work to just grab a couple of things to hold us over until I do my big shopping trip next week. You know how they say that you should never go grocery shopping while you are hungry. It's so true. I was hungry...everything looked so good. I was almost finished and doing so well when I happened across and end cap with these on it....

Dang it. I couldn't help myself. I haven't bought these cup cakes in years, but for some reason I was buying them today. I was justifying it by thinking that I could take one to work and eat it with my lunch over the next week or so. That was all the reason I needed. Then I got home and finally noticed the sell by date in the bottom right hand corner.

February 1, 2055.

Awesome. Not only did I treat myself to a little something tonight, but if I happen to forget about the box for whatever reason, and I don't find them for 46 years, I'll be just fine. Maybe I should stock up on boxes of these to go with my food storage.

13 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Wait, weren't the called Ding Dongs?

Laura said...

That is HILARIOUS!!!! I'm always looking for yummy things to put in food storage. My last addition was the Mother's frosted cookies with sprinkles. At the time with them going bankrupt I thought they were gone forever and I foolishly paid 4.18 per bag. I won't tell you that I spent 50 bucks on them. And now you see them everywhere again.....

Anyway LOVE the cupcakes!!!

If my memory serves me correctly, ding dongs are the exact same thing just they are a squatty circle and they don't have the white swirls on top.

The Hero said...

That's hilarious! I've never looked at the sell buy date on Hostess. Now you have me curious!

Will & Cheyenne said...

I thought you were going to say they expired today and you had to eat the whole thing in one sitting.....like I might have.

5Youngers said...

I love those cup cakes. I'm so excited that they will be good when I'm 7, now I can stock up. I am now craving a big preservative filled processed cup cake. Yummmm.

5Youngers said...

So it was supposed to say "good when I'm 70 NOT 7. :)

Anonymous said...

Mmm... they must be so nutritious! LOL I thought you were going to say the expiration date was like, right now.

Shelby said...

Hahaha that is sooo funny!!!! Thank you!

Katie said...

I have thought about trying to save one and see what it is really like a long time from now, but honestly, that will never happen.

Sarah said...

That's great! Silly me, I've been stocking up on things like rice and beans. And here I find a product that I totally like better that lasts waaaaaaaaaay longer. Awesome, what a day maker!

Carolyn said...

Katie, this is hilarious! I was cracking up, and a little appalled!!

MOMMACITA said...

Put some of them coupled with Cheese Whiz in your bomb shelter and you'll be set. Oh. Wait. That was 1955.

Sorry.

Primus Six said...

Disgusting! Or Yummy! I can't decide!