Friday, January 9, 2009

I Used To Live In A Fishbowl

One thing I really want to do more this year is actually finish some projects. I know most everyone can relate on this one. You know, the projects that are just a great idea in my head, and then I never do them, or sometimes I actually start them and only complete some of it until I just stop for whatever reason. But this year, it's going to be different. I hope. I am already off to a great start. We have these huge windows in our living room that never had curtains on them. At night it was like living in a fish bowl...anyone walking or driving by had a nice view of us in our house. This weekend that all changed...No more living in a fish bowl for me. Now, to show of my crazy amazing sewing skills, I actually sewed the red stripe on the bottom of the curtains. Aren't you impressed. My mom will be so proud when she sees them. Our windows were too tall for cheap store bought curtains, and we are way to cheap to special order something like curtains. So, we bought curtains at the store, bought fabric, and then I went to town. Considering I didn't really have a plan when I started, they turned out pretty good. Next time I will actually kind of know what I am doing. We love how they look, and we love that people driving by at night don't know how much TV we watch or how much we play our Wii. That's private. People don't need to know that kind of thing.

8 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Hey, I posted about sewing today too! Or lack of sewing, mostly.

The curtains look great!

Sarah said...

Yay for you! Way to be motivated and get stuff done. I want to be like you, perhaps that's why you're my awesome older sister! I'm glad you are feeling well enough to do that. I like living in a fish bowl. I like to dance in front of my window in hopes that someday some famous movie producer will be driving by in my neighborhood in Rigby and say, "she should be a star!" So no curtains for me...plus we have blinds.

Baller family said...

Hooray for you! That would drive me nuts to live in a fish bowl as well. I'm all about opening up the blinds in the day for the sunshine but at night as soon as it gets dark I close my blinds. You can't see who is outside peering in, maybe some weird stalker or something...at least thats how I feel. You're curtains look great by the way, nice job!

Laura said...

SWEET curtains!! You did a great job!

5Youngers said...

Hi Katie! Your blog is great. I had fun catching up on all your new adventures. I love the curtains. They look great!

The Edelbrocks said...

I am impressed! Way to go Katie!

Brittany Marie said...

Wow, I'm impressed!

Charlene said...

Great going! They look awesome!! So, what's next for you on the list? Wanna come help me do some canning?