Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Is It Me...

Or do a lot of my posts revolve around food? Oh well.
Last weekend we went to Johnny Carino's for dinner with family.
Boy was it tasty.
Mark got their bow tie festival pasta.
I got angel hair with meat sauce.
Mine was good.
Mark's was delicious.
He was so nice that about half way through,
He traded me plates and let me finish his pasta.
Isn't he a great hubby!

As sad as this is to admit, I couldn't stop thinking about how delicious that pasta was. I really wanted to go back soon. Mmmm....bowtie festival was calling my name. Well, that wasn't really something I could plan on, so I took matters into my own hands. I dug around online and found the recipe. They claimed that it tasted just like the bowtie pasta at Carino's. Yeah, we'll see.

I made it and it was just as good as we both remembered.

Here's the recipe.
Just in case bowtie festival is calling your name too.

JOHNNY CARINO'S BOWTIE FESTIVAL
FOR THE BOWTIE FESTIVAL:
1 oz. Melted butter
1 tsp. Chopped fresh garlic
1/8 cup Diced red onion
1/8 cup Diced cooked bacon
1/4 cup Diced Roma tomatoes
3 oz. Sliced cooked chicken
1 oz. Heavy (whipping) cream
3 oz. Alfredo sauce (recipe follows)
1/8 cup Asiago cheese
1/2 tsp. Salt, pepper, and garlic salt
10 oz. Precooked bowtie pasta
ALFREDO SAUCE
1 quart Heavy whipping cream
1 cup Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp. Black pepper
1/4 cup Whole milk

*Saute heavy cream, milk, and black pepper to a consistent boil. Remove cream mixture from heat and fold in parmesan cheese. Store completed sauce in refrigerator until use.
*In a heated saute pan combine butter, garlic, onions, bacon, tomatoes, chicken, and spice mixture.
*When onions begin to turn translucent, add heavy cream and Asiago cheese.
*Once cheese and cream have reduced by half, add Alfredo sauce and bowtie pasta. Toss until well combined and remove from fire. Allow to cool for a few minutes so the cheese and sauce thicken.

12 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Wow, that sounds heavenly! Anything with cream, and I'm all over it.

5Youngers said...

Yum... I love how it says "HEAVY cream", like we would buy light cream? Sounds super yummy.

Baller family said...

Mmmmm.... Johnny Carinos does have excellent food! We went there a few weeks ago for the first time and loved it...Italian food is my absolute favorite! I'll have to try that recipe...thanks!

Shelby said...

MMM I'll have to try it - thanks Katie! That's the blessing and the curse of having a husband that likes VARIETY - exhausting but keeps me trying new things ;)

Laura said...

Oooh lala that sounds good!

I've never eaten at Johnny Carino's. Does that make me a Flaming Gomerite?

Will & Cheyenne said...

Okay, that looks amazing! I'm gonna have to try it!

Goldielocks said...

Katie.. its ok.. my mind constantly thinks about food! i'm a foodie- i love how "LOW FAT" it is.. sounds delish!
Check out my FAVE food blog:
http://fullbellies.blogspot.com/

She has FAB easy recipes.. s

Sarah said...

Mmmm, Johnny's...I like Johnny's. I haven't been there in forever. Riley used to go there like every weekend on dates with different girls before I tied him down. I'm afraid if I made such a meal it would remind him of some past floosey - it might well be worth the risk!
What a guy Mark is to trade with you!

Jules AF said...

A quart of cream? WOW. And I think I'm lactose intolerant, or else I'd be making this ASAP.

Sarah said...

Thanks for the tip on the cute hair bows! Those actually look like things that I could do...potentially.

Primus Six said...

Hi Katie!! I'll have to try that. It sounds really yummy! Thanks.

Erin said...

Okay, now I KNOW we were meant to be friends. I LOVE food, and pretty much think about it all of the time. In fact, tomorrow's post on my blog may or may not talk about eating an entire sleeve of Thin Mints in one sitting...