Porter is our Beagle and he's the luckiest dog I know. He's lucky because I am a big talker and I don't follow through with my threats.
You see any chance he finds, he escapes. If a door isn't latched shut all the way, he will find it, and off he goes. Really, he can't help it...I hope. Every time he gets out, we drop what we are doing and go out on a massive dog hunt. To make things even more fun...he never comes when you call him when he's run away. So fun. Well, guess what I got to do this morning? Dumb dog escaped again. So, I got a nice workout chasing him down as he was chasing a cat. He runs faster than I do. Lucky for me, that stupid cat finally jumped over a fence and Porter stopped running. I'm really hoping that when we finish our back fence this spring, it will solve all of our escaping dog problems.
As far as me being all talk...every time this happens(it has happened 3 times since Christmas), I swear that this is the last time I'm looking for him...as I'm trying not to cry, of course. I'm usually muttering something along the lines of him not being worth the trouble or that if he wants out so bad, maybe the next time I won't stop him from running.
Like I said...He's lucky I'm a big talker.
8 comments:
Beagles are awesome!
I'm sorry Katie, but that is really funny to sit here and read about. My parents have a beagle too and it drives me crazy because it doesn't listen and is also always trying to escape. We dog sat not too long ago, and she frustrated the heck out of me because she is soooo darn stubborn and does not listen!!! So, reading that made me laugh because I would be the same way.
That is so hilarious!!!
That is exactly the reason WE DON'T HAVE A DOG! :)
Seriously though I can't handle all the poop and pee and the fleas and running away. But man he sure is a really cute dog. Love this story. LOL
Luckily, we don't have that problem. But a backyard fence will be nice eventually anyway....for the two legged run aways!
you have to admit, he is the cutest bad beagle on the planet, great picture of him smiling!
Hahaha beagles are awesome! I love his name!
When our golden retriever gets out of the backyard she will only bolt down the street if you chase her. It's some kind of game I guess. So all we have to do is act disinterested, go inside the house and leave the door open. She comes inside on her own after a few minutes. "Hey guys, where did you go?"
Dogs are awesome.
Ah Porter...I fear what would happen if you and Lenny meet. Talk about two dogs made out of the same stuff. I totally know what you mean about the empty threats - we all know that I'm a sucker in the end. I guess you and me are made out of the same stuff too. Well, I don't guess, I kinda know since we're sisters and all.
Post a Comment